There is no general application to become part of the UCLA Cal Teach program as a whole. Rather you will apply for each course or component separately, as necessary. See below.

You will be considered a Cal Teach student once you complete at least one Cal Teach course or summer internship.


Quarterly Cal Teach courses:

To apply for our quarterly Cal Teach courses (Science Ed. 1, 10, 15, 100, Math 73, 74, 75), you must submit a short online application for each quarter that you apply. Once accepted into the course for that quarter, we will send you a PTE number (permission to enroll) that you will use to enroll through MyUCLA. The online applications are available on our Course Applications page. Applications are typically posted around mid-quarter for the following quarter (e.g. applications for Winter Quarter are typically posted mid-way through Fall Quarter, and applications for Spring Quarter are posted mid-way through Winter Quarter).

To enroll in upper division math courses (Math 105 A, B, C), you may enroll directly through MyUCLA. No online application is required on this website but you may need to contact the instructor directly for permission to enroll.


Summer Internship

More information and the online application for the Summer Internship are available on the Summer Internship page of our website. Application is typically due at the end of Spring Quarter but may be later in the summer.


Science Education Minor:

To apply for the Science Education Minor, please contact Genovieve Recinos ( for application process and materials.


Math for Teaching Minor:

To apply for the Math for Teaching Minor, please contact Connie Jung ( for application process and materials.


Undergraduate credential pathways (STEP, JMEP and Integrated Pathway):

To apply for the science accelerated credential program, please go to the STEP (Science Teacher Education Program) page. Applications are due at the same time as the Graduate School for Education's Teacher Education Program, typically in early December for the following academic year.

For more information and to apply for the math accelerated credential programs (JMEP and Integrated Pathway), see the UCLA Curtis Center for Mathematics page